Fresh, crisp striping can make your property more visually appealing. A well-marked parking lot conveys the message that you pay attention to all the details involved in providing your customers, tenants, or employees with a properly maintained and safe environment. If your line striping is worn, sloppy, or missing, you could be conveying a far different message.
Why Is Line Striping Important?
There are many benefits that you can gain from maintaining your line striping. Some are direct benefits that may be quite obvious, but others provide indirect benefits that you may not be able to easily identify.
• When parking spaces are clearly defined, drivers are more likely to ensure that their vehicles occupy only one space. This lets you provide parking for more vehicles without increasing the size of your lot. Customers who cannot find a place to park may drive out of your lot and into your competitor’s.
• People might perceive that your lack of attention could extend to other aspects of your business. They could question whether you actually care about the quality of your goods or services, maintain the interior of your building, or are financially capable of delivering on your promises.
• Customers or tenants might not feel comfortable parking in your lot because they worry that their vehicles could be damaged. If your lot is poorly maintained, you could be missing out on business without knowing why.
• A properly striped parking lot is a safer environment than an unmarked expanse of pavement. Drivers know where to park and where they should not park. They know whether they should park perpendicular to the lane of travel or at an angle. Pedestrians and drivers find it easier and less confusing to navigate the parking lot, making things safer for everyone.
• You are legally required to provide certain markings, and your failure to do so could subject you to fines or lawsuits. For example, the Americans with Disabilities Act mandates a certain number of car-accessible and van-accessible parking spaces, and the ADA specifies how these spaces must be marked as well as where they must be located.
• If there is an accident on your property that results in an injured person or a damaged vehicle, you could be named in a lawsuit. You could be found negligent for not having visible markings defining pedestrian crosswalks, showing which vehicle has the right of way, or warning that a driver is about to leave your lot and enter a public street.
If your in the Pittsburgh area, and your line striping and pavement markings have lost more than 25% of their original visibility, contact Two Men and A Striper for help. We offer line striping, crack sealing, asphalt patching, and sealcoating to customers in the greater Pittsburgh area. We are a respected asphalt maintenance company with excellent references and are committed to delivering quality work on every job. You can request a free estimate by completing the online quote request form or calling 412-213-8429.