Asphalt sealcoating is the process of applying a protective layer to asphalt-based pavements to help avoid damage from certain elements such as water, oils, and U.V. damage.
1. Sealcoating protects and extends the life expectancy of your asphalt driveway or parking lot by filling surface damage and providing a protective layer to keep out damaging UV rays, vehicle fluids and water.
2. The minimal cost of regular sealcoating can save you money in the long run. A properly maintained and sealed asphalt surface can extend the life of the driveway or parking lot, and also lower the risk for long-term repairs.
3. With exposure to the outdoor elements, asphalt pavement begins to fade over time. A fresh sealcoat application enhances the appearance of asphalt, giving your parking lot or driveway the look and feel of being brand new.
4. Sealcoating is typically done using one of two application methods: spray or squeegee.
5. Sealcoating speeds up the melting process of snow and ice on pavement surfaces. This helps to protect against water penetration, rain, frost and snow damage.
6. To complete the sealcoating process properly the air and ground temperatures should be at least 50 degrees Fahrenheit (and rising), and should stay that temperature for about a half of a day after the parking lot or driveway has been sealcoated.
If you want to keep your asphalt surface functional, and attractive, you might consider a sealcoating application. Two Men And A Striper, LLC will provide you with a FREE detailed quote on your next project. Give us a call at 412-213-8429 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org