Simply put infrared asphalt repair is the process of re heating an asphalt repair area back to its original application temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Once reheated the repair area is then re worked and re compacted so that the repair area seamlessly blends with the surrounding pavement.
The best part of all – It can be performed all year long, even in the cold winter months!
Step by Step Infrared Guide
1. Clean the area to be repaired. Remove all dirt, foreign debris, standing water and loose aggregate.
2. Position the infrared unit over the area to be repaired.
3. Allow the infrared heating unit to properly soften the damaged pavement area.
4. Scarify (rake) the entire minimum heated depth of the repair area.
5. Add rejuvenator to the heated and raked asphalt.
6. Add new asphalt as required per job conditions.
7. Lute the repair area level.
8. Compact the repair.
9. Clean up repair area and surrounding area.
10. Open repair to traffic.
10 Things you should know about Infrared Repairs
If you are ready to start the process you can find our contact info HERE